Friday, November 27, 2009
Are you a self-proclaimed "geek"? Does your husband, dad, brother, or son go crazy for techie gifts? Do you like giving your children gifts that encourage creativity and imaginative play? If you answered yes to any of these questions then Think Geek is the company for you! Think Geek has been around for about 10 years, with a mission to bring products to customers who are passionate about technology, from computer programmers to students to children. Think Geek features a large range of products that includes clothing, home and office items, books, electronics, childrens toys, and much more! If you want a unique gift for any of the fun "geeks" in your life, then Think Geek is sure to offer you so many options it will be hard to choose just one!
Think Geek has recently been expanding their children's gift section, so they sent me three of their most fun products. They sent me the Water Flutes, the R/C Color Bug Doodling Toy, and the Lite-Brite Cubed. All three have turned out to be great toys, and would be a wonderful addition to your gift items this year.
The Water Flutes are made up of five separate flutes, with each flute being individually tunable. You just fill them with water to the designated fill line, and then you are ready to play! Each set of Water Flutes comes with five easy to to follow songs on waterproof laminated cards, which is great because it allows you to stick them to the wall while you are playing! The Water Flute is for ages 3 and up and features a full one octave range, tuned to the key of C.
Next we have the wonderfully creative Lite-Brite Cubed, which is sure to be an instant success with any child! The Lite-Brite Cubed features four faces instead of the traditional single one, which means that you can make up to four designs at once! I like this toy because it means that up to four people can use it at once, which is especially good if you have children who are still trying the grasp the whole sharing concept! This newly designed version of an old favorite combines all of the great traditional feautures, but adds the joy of keeping your design for a longer amount of time! The Lite-Brite Cubed is for ages 4 and up because it does contain small pieces. The two storage trays keep pegs handy for whenever you're ready to design and includes over 400 pegs, 10 refill sheets, and a light bulb. Overall, this is a great toy, bound to give your whole family endless hours of fun!
The last (but certainly not least!) toy is the R/C Color Bug Doodling Toy. This toy is great, and a very fun product for children who like remote controllable toys! It was a Top Toy of the Year winner in 2008, chosen by Creative Child Magazine, and if you keep reading, you'll definitely understand why! Before you get started, just pop an included marker into the center, place the Bug onto a large sheet of paper, and then use the dual-stick tank style controls to start drawing! It takes a little getting used to for kids to use it, but it's very simple. If you want to draw a straight line, just push both sticks forward. To draw a curvy line, just push one stick forward. There's no end to the creative possibilities that your children will have will this toy! This toy is for ages 4 and up and comes with four washable markers and a remote. Paper is not included but can easily be found at your local craft store. This toy does require batteries, which are not included, so just remember to purchase your batteries before Christmas morning with this one!
We had so much fun testing these toys out, and I think they'd make great gift items for any of the "geek" kids on your list!
Now, want a chance to win ALL THREE of these Think Geek great toys for your own kids this year? This prize package is valued at approximately $67 and will make a great fit under one of your Christmas trees this year!
Here are the entry rules:
1. (This is the mandatory entry) Receive one entry for visiting Think Geek and telling me what your favorite item is! Make sure you leave your EMAIL address in this entry.
2. Receive two entries for following my blog and telling me that you do in two separate comments.
3. Receive one entry for being an email subscriber and telling me that you are in a comment.
4. Receive three entries for grabbing my new button and putting it on your blog. Leave three separate comments.
5. Receive three extra entries for posting my Christmas button on your blog. Leave three separate comments.
5. Receive one entry per day for following me on Twitter and tweeting about the giveaway! Leave me a comment each day to let me know that you did.
6. Receive one entry per day for updating your Facebook status and including the link to this giveaway. Leave a comment with a status link.
7. Receive five entries for blogging about this giveaway on your blog and leave me the link in a comment.
This giveaway will end on December 5, 2009 at 11:59 pm. At that time I will choose a winner using random.org and let them know through email. The lucky winner will have 48 hrs to respond before a new winner will be chosen.
- Share this on del.icio.us
- Digg this!
- Stumble upon something good? Share it on StumbleUpon
- Share this on Reddit
- Add this to Google Bookmarks
- Tweet This!
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on Mixx
- Buzz up!
- Submit this to DesignFloat
- Share this on Technorati
- Submit this to Script & Style
- Post this to MySpace
- Share this on FriendFeed
- Seed this on Newsvine