Friday, October 22, 2010

Decisions Decisions

Any mom out there can testify to this: balance is KEY when it comes to your family. If the balance between family, work, activities, etc. is out of balance, everything in your family's life becomes chaotic. This is how I've been feeling lately, and I like to have balance, especially because I'm just a little bit of a perfectionist. I realize that there are certain things in life that I can't control, no matter how much I may want to, and sometimes you just have to let certain things go.

This week I made a difficult decision to withdraw from one of my master's degree classes. It was just too much to go to school for my master's full-time, while taking care of my family, and going through a difficult pregnancy. So, I cut back on classes, freeing up a bit of my time to get back to focusing more on my family. And they LOVE it! I do, too. IzzyBug LOVES having a little more mommy time, and my hubby likes that he can actually have some of my attention now!

I learned the hard way (like I sometimes have to do) that sometimes you have to learn when to say no to something that isn't the best for your family. I'm still working towards my master's, but at a bit slower of a pace. Because when the balance of everything got out of whack, everyone was suffering. So, I'm glad to say, I'm feeling a bit less stressed, and looking forward to blogging more, especially with all the fun stuff I have coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!