Wednesday, October 13, 2010
It's never too early to start thinking about Christmas cards! Heck, when I was a little kid, I can remember there being summertime Christmas card photo shoots, all courtesy of my holiday-obsessed mother. Now that I'm a mom, I totally get into the fun of planning our yearly photo cards. That's why I am so excited to share a few of my ideas for some fun photo card ideas, which can be made into a reality at PurpleTrail, a fabulous online spot where you can design many different personalized holiday cards! You can also make invitations, announcements, and pretty much anything your creative little heart could ever desire!
I just wanted to give you all some ideas for your holiday photo cards this year. I think sometimes we can get stuck doing the same ol' thing for our cards, and this is unfortunate, because lots of times, a lot of the people we send holiday cards to don't always get to see our families often. That's why it's a good idea to do something fun that really showcases what your family has been up to all year. That way it's way more fun for you to plan and for the people receiving your holiday cards, because they get something that's truly you!
My top 5 ideas for fun and creative personalized holiday photo cards are:
1. Just say no to the matching outfit perfectly posed photo. Be who you are, and if that means showing some silly personalities, do it!
2. Don't do the cliche Christmas tree background, unless you find a way to make it fun and creative.
3. Showcase a favorite family activity, something you all enjoy doing together. If your family loves to ski, do a favorite photo from your ski vacation. Loved your summer vacation to the beach? Use a photo where your family is basking in the warm sun, a nice thought especially during the cold winter months that are coming up!
4. Experiment with different photo touches, black and white images are often the best at really showing your family at its best!
5. Just have fun with it! Don't do anything too posed or serious, and personalize your photo cards in any way you can, be it through a personalized message or a fun graphics to your cards! The possibilities really are endless! Check out the design center to really get your creative juices flowing!
Disclaimer: This post was written as part of PurpleTrail's blog giveaway contest, making me eligible to win a giftcode. Contest details can be found by clicking here.
at 12:02 AM
- Share this on del.icio.us
- Digg this!
- Stumble upon something good? Share it on StumbleUpon
- Share this on Reddit
- Add this to Google Bookmarks
- Tweet This!
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on Mixx
- Buzz up!
- Submit this to DesignFloat
- Share this on Technorati
- Submit this to Script & Style
- Post this to MySpace
- Share this on FriendFeed
- Seed this on Newsvine