Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wow, a whirlwind weekend!

Wow, did we have a fun weekend! On Saturday my husband Adam and I took Izzy to Jefferson Pointe, the outdoor mall here in town for family day. I just found out they do family day every Saturday during the summer and best of all... it's free! They had bounce-houses, basketball and baseball games, balloon animals, face painting, crafts, music, and clown comedians. Izzy had a blast watching the clown make her monkey balloon! She also got to make a glittery mess while she made a paper "whywhy" (butterfly). I must say the comedian took the cake, and rightfully so because her name was Sweetcakes! Izzy and I laughed so hard when Sweetcakes called Adam up on stage and nicknamed him "Adamcakes"! He had to dress like a chicken while she did a magic trick with him. All the kids had a blast there as one by one lots of dads were called up there to be silly! If you live in the Fort Wayne area this is definitely a fun thing to take your kids to!

I also have to give an update on one of the vegan recipes we tried tonight. We did breakfast for dinner and one of the things we made were the drop biscuits out of the cookbook "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. They were really good and Izzy had fun getting to help make them! One of the things I love about the recipes in this book is the fact that I can let Izzy help me prepare things without having to worry she will accidentally try a bite before it's cooked. Since the recipes are made without eggs, she can try a bite or two (as she loves to do while cooking!) without the risk of getting sick. I first bought this cookbook when Izzy was diagnosed with milk and egg allergies, because since vegans don't eat milk or eggs, all the recipes are safe for Izzy. We especially like the apple cake that we made last year for her birthday! I would definitely recommend this cookbook for moms who must cook without milk or eggs out of necessity or just because they want to try it. Out of all the recipes we've tried, you really wouldn't know it was vegan because it tastes so much like the real thing! It's also nice because the sweets aren't quite as fattening, which makes me very happy!

Have a great Monday tomorrow mommies!
~Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!