Saturday, August 29, 2009

Honey, 2 years olds can't wear makeup out of the house!


"But mommy, I'm a big girl!", Izzy says shortly after refusing to go potty on the toilet, thus wetting her panties. I have a budding makeup on my hands. One who thinks she can choose when she is a big girl and when she is a baby. Sometimes I sit and wonder where this girly girl thing came from in Izzy. She rarely sees me get dolled up, since usually makeup consists of moisturizer and foundation, then a few hours later maybe some bronzer, then a few more hours later some mascara. I'm lucky if I get a full face of makeup done in one day! But alas, this is the life of a mom with a toddler. Sure, I like to wear makeup, but there's just rarely time to put it on. However, Izzy thinks that makeup is an everyday must! I laugh so hard because I think she is better at putting mascara on then I am! When Izzy was born, she definitely came into the world knowing exactly who she was, a GIRLY GIRL!

I must admit, it's so fun to do makeup and hair with her. For a treat I'll let her use my makeup brushes and different products on herself, and it's scary how good at it she is. She actually puts the eyeshadow on her eyelids, and is very precise! One time I made the mistake of letting her curl my eyelashes and put mascara on me. My eyelids turned red from being pinched and I had mascara on my nose. But, these little moments are so fun. I love bonding over hair and makeup with my little girl. It's so fun. And yes, while it scares Daddy that his little girl already likes makeup, and tries to reason with him to let her wear it out of the house, he still thinks it's cute.

Sometimes I get nervous that I'm going to be raising a little girl who thinks she needs makeup to be pretty. To combat this we tell her that Izzy and mommy are pretty without makeup (sometimes though, I have to remind myself that I don't need the makeup, and I know we go through that after having a baby and rarely having time for ourselves). So, mommies, let your little girls into your makeup bag, who cares if they make you look like a clown!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!