Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Grad school is kicking my behind!

Ok, so I'm probably being a bit redundant with this, but, wow, grad school is kicking my behind! I don't know what I was thinking with these summer classes. But, at least there's only 9 weeks left until a break... but getting to that break is another thing!

On a brighter note, I've started a new "diet". I don't really like that word, because there are so many ridiculous fad diets out there, but for lack of a better word, that's what's going on right now. I've been journaling what I'm eating, which definitely helps. I really can't believe how much better I eat on the days where I right everything down. I've also cut out gluten products, after a lengthy process of realizing that I'm pretty sure that I am either allergic, or just highly sensitive. That was really difficult too, it's like, "Thanks God for making me 100% Italian, but letting me get sick everytime I eat pasta!"

The pasta has definitely been the hardest to give up, but I'm feeling so much better! Once in a while I'll sneak a bite or two of bread or pasta, but overall, on most days, I'm doing pretty good. And now that the gluten products are gone from my diet, I'm eating a lot more fresh fruits and veggies, which is making me feel so good! Now, the next step is just adding in all the extra exercise... we'll see how that goes... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!